on sale now at amazon

on sale now at amazon
"I don't like this book because it don't got know pictures" Chief Rhorerer

“It’s becoming a disturbingly familiar scene in America - mentally unstable cops”

“It’s becoming a disturbingly familiar scene in America - mentally unstable cops”
“It’s becoming a disturbingly familiar scene in America - mentally unstable cops”

Again, we need to have national minimum IQ standards for cops

 Third Gun Incident Involving FIU Officers Uncovered
APD officer suspended for accidentally shooting patrol car
Trooper shot in the foot by another trooper
State trooper charged in shooting of fellow officer

Third Gun Incident Involving FIU Officers Uncovered

MIAMI (CBSMiami) – A bullet accidentally fired from a police sergeant’s gun at his work desk was shot through the wall of his office, into the kitchen, through the refrigerator, into the Communications area, through another wall, ricocheting off a flat screen TV, and finally coming to a stop in a hallway garbage can.
FIU Police Sgt. Alberto Alfonso was transferring several of his personal guns from holsters to hard cases at his desk when his gun went off last August.
FIU Police policy requires clearing guns, using a specified “clearing barrel” that is located in the police station on FIU’s main campus.
After Sgt. Alfonso fired that shot inside the police station according to the incident report, his assistant chief responded and picked up the gun, asking him whether it was clear and safe, Sgt. Alfonso said yes, but when the Assistant Chief checked, he found another live round in the chamber.
 “Anytime I’ve handled a gun, you know there’s a round in the chamber. That’s gun etiquette 101,” FIU student Stephanie Castro told CBS4’s Natalia Zea.
The students we spoke with were surprised by the shooting.
“That’s ridiculous. You’ve got to like really know what you’re doing,” said Angel Naves.
Sgt. Alfonso was given a written reprimand which reads in part, “Your failure to use due care is compounded by the fact that you are a FIUPD firearms instructor and a FIUPD field training supervisor.”
Sgt. Alfonso would not do an interview, but told Zea by phone simply, “”I made a mistake, I paid the price for it.”
This is the third incident CBS4 News has uncovered involving FIU officers improperly using their guns.
In late October, during shooting practice at the Miami Dade Public Safety Training Institute Officer Joe Mesa fired shots into the air while on the line and surrounded by other officers…he was fired for it.
Half an hour after Mesa’s outburst, Officer Sonia Meneses accidentally shot her gun into Officer Mesa’s backpack.
Meneses was suspended without pay for one day.
Students we spoke with say these three incidents show more training is necessary.
“ I think they should be having firearms training so they know how to work a gun,” said Naves.
But according to an FIU source…firearms training has been suspended for the last four months following the gun range shootings…and no gun trainings are scheduled at this point.

APD officer suspended for accidentally shooting patrol car
AUSTIN -- An Austin police officer will be suspended temporarily for accidentally shooting his own patrol car on Saturday, Jan. 17.
Officer Arturo Canizales will be suspended from duty for one day on Tuesday, Feb. 17, 2015.
"On January 17, 2015, Officer Canizales, while conducting his required 10-41 check, had an unintentional discharge with his assigned patrol unit shotgun into the passenger side of the marked unit. There were no injuries," Austin Police Chief Art Acevedo said in a memorandum.
It happened while Canizales checked his shot gun.

Acevedo said the intent of this policy is to promote proper firearm safety on and off duty.

Trooper shot in the foot by another trooper
Becca Mitchell,
Isle of Wight County, Va. – A Virginia State Police trooper was shot in the foot by another trooper during a joint police operation with the Isle of Wight County Sheriff’s Department on Thursday.
Isle of Wight Officials say this occurred in the 8700 block of Smithfield Apartments Lane. They say crews were executing a search warrant which was part of an ongoing narcotics investigation.
According to a release from Virginia State Police, a dog attacked one of the team members when they were making entry into the home. The trooper attempted to shoot the attacking dog and one of the rounds hit another trooper in the foot. The dog was killed.
The trooper’s injury was non-life threatening. They were taken to the hospital, treated and released.
Three people were arrested and charged including Gershon Green, Derrick L. Delk and Direka S. Towns. All are facing felony charges.
Green has been charged with possession with the intent to distribute heroin, possession with the intent to distribute imitation cocaine, possess ammunition by a convicted felon,  possession of marijuana.
Delk has been charged with possession of a schedule 3 narcotic and possession with the intent to distribute marijuana and Towns has been charged with possession with the intent to distribute marijuana, possession with the intent to distribute of schedule 1 or 2 narcotic, possession of a schedule 3 narcotic, and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
There are also warrants on file for Patrick Simmons.
The investigation remains ongoing.

State trooper charged in shooting of fellow officer
More than four months after rookie State Trooper David Kedra was killed in a Montgomery County training exercise, authorities on Tuesday identified and charged his shooter - an experienced instructor - with reckless endangerment.
Cpl. Richard Schroeter, a 20-year veteran of the state police and a firearms instructor for over a decade, could face up to 10 years in prison.
The grand jury report that recommended the charges also delivered answers to many of the questions that have surrounded Kedra's death.
Schroeter, it said, had been conducting training sessions as the department switched from a Glock to a Sig Sauer handgun.
On Sept. 30, Kedra was one of five troopers sitting around a table at the Public Safety Training Campus in Plymouth Township.
"Schroeter was discussing the trigger mechanics when he pulled the trigger on his duty-issued firearm," the District Attorney's Office and the state police said in a joint statement.
The weapon fired, and a bullet struck Kedra in the abdomen. He died about an hour later at a trauma center in Philadelphia.
Kedra, 26, was a graduate of Temple University and Roman Catholic High School. He had joined the state police, his dream job, straight out of college.
The grand jury recommendation was not unanimous. Prosecutors had given the panel the option of a manslaughter charge and possibly a more severe sentence. But 10 of the 18 jurors rejected that, and 13 voted for reckless endangerment, a misdemeanor.
Kevin Kedra, the trooper's older brother, said Tuesday that the family was not satisfied with the charges.
In a statement Tuesday night, Christine Kedra, the trooper's sister, called the charges "a slap on the wrist for this man, and a slap in the face for David, our family, and for justice."
"With her decision to only charge for reckless endangerment, [District Attorney] Risa Vetri Ferman is telling us that the fact that my brother was killed doesn't matter, that the life of a 26-year-old Pennsylvania state trooper doesn't matter," Christine Kedra said. "That is disgusting, and we refuse to accept that. We want justice for David Kedra, and we want Richard Schroeter to face the full consequences of his action, not a reduced charge. . . . David Kedra was a great man. He was a son, a brother, an uncle, a fiance, and a Pennsylvania state trooper. He deserves justice from the very system that he died for, and we will not rest until we have it."
Ferman said earlier in the day that the filing of the lesser charges "does not in any way negate the seriousness of what he is being charged with."
If convicted of all five counts - one for each of the troopers he allegedly endangered - Schroeter could face a maximum of five to 10 years in prison. A single involuntary manslaughter conviction carries a sentence of 21/2 to 5 years, Ferman said.
"There's nothing we can do to bring David Kedra back. There's nothing we can do to make that family whole," Ferman said. "It was horribly negligent, and there must be criminal responsibility."
Schroeter's defense lawyer, Timothy Woodward, a former Montgomery County prosecutor, said the 42-year-old corporal is "wracked with remorse" and has been in counseling since the shooting.
In a booking photo taken Tuesday morning and released along with the charges, Schroeter appeared teary-eyed.
"It's not about him. It's about the fact that an innocent life was lost. Someone whom he cared about. This is bringing up some very, very terrible memories," said Woodward, adding that the two men worked out of the same barracks in Skippack.
Kedra's death capped one of the darkest periods in state police history. Three weeks earlier, a gunman killed one trooper and seriously injured another in Pike County; at the time, hundreds of officers were still combing the Poconos in search of the prime suspect, Eric Frein.
And four days earlier, the state police commissioner at the time had been named by the attorney general as one of eight public officials who had sent or received pornographic materials over their state-issued e-mail accounts.
The case against Schroeter was heard by a grand jury in Norristown. The panel found that "he breached routine, yet critical, safety protocol by failing to visually and physically check to ensure his weapon was unloaded, failing to obtain confirmation from another that his firearm was not loaded, and failing to point his weapon away from the direction of everyone present," Ferman said in a statement.
Schroeter lived in Royersford and grew up in Kintnersville in upper Bucks County, according to public records. In 1990, he graduated from Palisades High School, where he was a National Honor Society member and played varsity basketball and baseball, according to news accounts.
In addition to his 20 years with the state police, Woodward said, Schroeter is a volunteer firefighter and was out on a fire call Monday night when he got the news that he would have to turn himself in.
Schroeter was suspended without pay Tuesday, a state police spokesman said.
Acting Commissioner Marcus L. Brown said he believed the charges were appropriate and Schroeter "should be held accountable for his actions."
"Clearly, standard protocols were not followed by the corporal, and we need to make sure that this type of accident will never happen again," Brown said in a statement.
Schroeter waived his preliminary hearing and was released on $50,000 bail.