- Marine City, Michigan: A high school student is still in recovery after a police officer hit him in a head-on collision. The officer’s Blood Alcohol Content was twice the legal limit. “There were witnesses that were behind the driver – they had been on the phone with 911. They had been following him. He was all over the road,” said the teen’s father. ow.ly/gHpe8
- Depew, Oklahoma: A police officer is in jail on complaints of first-degree burglary and assault with intent to commit a felony. ow.ly/gI6Xe
- Update: Snohomish County, Washington: A sheriff’s deputy was fired in connection with a pending criminal case against him. He was charged with second-degree burglary, third degree theft, and third degree malicious mischief. ow.ly/gHo28
- King County, Washington: The County agreed to pay $75,000 to a man who alleged that a deputy used excessive force during an incident. The man suffered a broken nose during the confrontation. ow.ly/gHnLV
- Denver, Colorado: An off-duty patrol officer allegedly caused a rollover crash, and was subsequently charged with drunken driving. The officer is still on the job, but not on the streets, while the incident is investigated. ow.ly/gHnpZ
- Springfield, Massachusetts: An officer was charged with criminal mischief, breach of peace, threatening and reckless endangerment after she allegedly attacked an acquaintance’s car. http://ow.ly/gHn5f
A Deptford Township police officer has been charged with murder after a man he is accused of shooting over the weekend died. David Compton, 27, was shot once in the head in Officer James Stuart's home at 5 a.m. Saturday, according to authorities.