on sale now at amazon

on sale now at amazon
"I don't like this book because it don't got know pictures" Chief Rhorerer

“It’s becoming a disturbingly familiar scene in America - mentally unstable cops”

“It’s becoming a disturbingly familiar scene in America - mentally unstable cops”
“It’s becoming a disturbingly familiar scene in America - mentally unstable cops”

Never mind how many cops are killed each year...tell us how many people cops kill each year

Ex-Chicago cop sentenced to life in prison for grisly murder plot

Georgia deputy off duty as police investigate girlfriend’s bizarre shooting death while in bed together

Cop Previously Charged With Stalking Shoots and Kills Ex-Girlfriend

Ex-Chicago cop sentenced to life in prison for grisly murder plot
By Jason Meisner Chicago Tribunecontact the reporter
Ex-Chicago cop who planned to extort businessman, then kill him, chop up his body gets life plus five years.
Ex-Chicago cop Steven Mandell gets life plus five years in prison.
Steven Mandell delivers bizarre remarks, including cheerfully wishing the judge a merry Christmas
After decades of drama in Chicago, including a murder conviction, death sentence, shocking exoneration and landmark lawsuit against the FBI, all Steven Mandell says he wanted to do was quietly live out his golden years in Florida.
"I was happily retired, living with my lovely wife in a golf course community in Naples," Mandell, 64, said Thursday as he delivered bizarre remarks at his sentencing in a packed federal courtroom. "It was the perfect life."
Instead,he came out of retirement in 2012 and returned to Chicago, where he was soon arrested in a grisly plot to kidnap, murder and dismember a suburban businessman. Mandell said he was once again framed by an untrustworthy informant, continuing his "long FBI nightmare."
But U.S. District Judge Amy St. Eve was unmoved by the melodrama. Moments after the former Chicago cop wrapped up more than 30 minutes of mostly rambling remarks — including cheerfully wishing the judge a merry Christmas — St. Eve sentenced him to life in prison for kidnapping and extortion conspiracy and added a mandatory five-year sentence for a gun conviction.
It was an emphatic end for Mandell, a reputed underworld figure whom law enforcement has long considered a dangerous killer and elusive target.8
Years ago Mandell — who then went by the name Steven Manning — was sent to death row for the drug-related 1990 slaying of a trucking firm owner. After his murder conviction was overturned on appeal, he won a landmark $6.5 million verdict in a lawsuit against the FBI. A judge, however, later threw out the verdict, and Mandell never collected a penny.
Mandell moved to Florida after the ruling and vanished from the public eye. Several years later, he came back to Chicago under his new name and soon was meeting with reputed mobsters at La Scarola restaurant on Grand Avenue, according to court records.
Engel haned himself in his jail cell shortly after he and Mandell were arrested, authorities said.In the videos played at Mandell's February trial, he laughed when he described how victims often come unglued before their deaths. He mimed a blindfolded prisoner, then drew a hand across his throat to signify a killing. He seemed to have mirth in his eyes as he made moaning sounds describing the carnage he could inflict.
"Uhhhh please ... aaaaaaahhhh! It's pitiful," Mandell said in one recording.
Mandell's attorney, Francis Lipuma, sought as few as 12 years in prison, saying Mandell should get credit for the two decades he spent behind bars for a murder he didn't commit. Lipuma noted that no one was actually harmed in the kidnapping plot and said if Mandell were released in his 80s, he'd be at a point in his life "when criminal activity would have concluded."
But in asking for a life sentence, Assistant U.S. Attorney Amarjeet Bhachu painted Mandell as a sadistic narcissist who "actually takes pleasure from hurting people."
"He likes it. It arouses him!" said Bhachu, pointing to the defense table at Mandell, who took a sip of water from a Styrofoam cup.
In her ruling, St. Eve said Mandell's actions showed a "complete disregard for human life."
"The pure delight that you showed in those videos … it came through loud and clear," St. Eve said. "The glee in your face was very apparent. It was, quite frankly, chilling."
St. Eve said a life sentence was necessary to keep Mandell from returning to a life of violence and crime.
When FBI agents raided Mandell's Buffalo Grove home after his arrest, they found more than $16,000 in cash in two separate stashes as well as thousands of dollars more in a safe-deposit box at a nearby bank, recent court filings show. Mandell has asked for the money to be returned to his 83-year-old wife, but prosecutors have objected in sealed filings.

Georgia deputy off duty as police investigate girlfriend’s bizarre shooting death while in bed together
Walton County Deputy Dwight Buchanan, 21, reportedly loaded a pistol and handed it to his girlfriend, 20-year-old Nikki Guined, early Dec. 10 after a night of drinking and a fight. But the two had reconciled and were in bed at the Monroe home, getting 'intimate,' when the shooting happened, according to police documents.
A Georgia deputy is on paid leave as police investigate the bizarre shooting death of the man’s girlfriend “while they were intimate” in bed following a fight.
Police say 20-year-old Nikki Guined shot herself in the head early Dec. 10 following a night of drinking and a fight with boyfriend Dwight Buchanan, a 21-year-old Walton County sheriff’s deputy, according to WSB-TV.
She even said she would be “leaving him” later that morning, but the couple made up and headed to bed at the Monroe, Ga., home along Brentwood Boulevard, according to a report obtained by the Atlanta Journal Constitution.
As the couple was “intimate,” according to the report, “Nikki asked Dwight for his pistol. “Dwight was reluctant to do so, but gave Nikki his unloaded pistol,” the document reads. “Nikki repeatedly asked Dwight, 'Don't you trust me?' She then asked him to load the pistol. Dwight took the pistol from Nikki, loaded it with a magazine and chambered a round. He then removed the magazine and gave it back to Nikki. She then placed the muzzle of the gun under her right jaw and pulled the trigger."
Three other people at the home heard the gunshot but did not hear the argument, according to the report.
The Georgia Bureau of Investigation has been called in to investigate the strange death and Buchanan is off the job during the inquiry.
He was hired 13 months ago and worked at the Walton County jail.
"I wanted to be as transparent as possible so that there are no questions,” Walton County Sheriff Joe Chapman told WSB. "We don't want to appear that we're hiding anything.”
The 9-mm. Glock pistol was apparently a gift for Guined, Chapman told the Journal Constitution.
The house was reportedly strewn with beer cans and the report says Guined was drinking, but doesn’t mention if Buchanan had consumed alcohol.
An Instagram photo of the smiling couple was posted on Dec. 10, the morning Guined died, with the caption, “Even when he’s drunk he’s the cutest guy I’ve ever met. #lovehimsomuch.”

Cop Previously Charged With Stalking Shoots and Kills Ex-Girlfriend
Rebecca Rose
A Philadelphia area cop with a history of stalking was arrested for shooting and killing his ex-girlfriend on Monday.
According to police, Colwyn Borough police officer Stephen Rozniakowski, 32, shot and killed his former girlfriend Valerie Morrow on Monday night at her home in Delaware County. During the attack the victim's husband Tom Morrow, himself a police officer, was also wounded. Police said Rozniakowski also shot and injured Morrow's teenage daughter. Via 6ABC:
Delaware County District Attorney Jack Whalen explains, "Tom Morrow, at this point hearing the commotion, hearing the gunfire, reached into his nightstand next to the bed, pulled out a revolver and started returning fire."
When he ran out of bullets Morrow jumped out of a second floor window, breaking his ankle.
Tom Morrow and his teenage stepdaughter were released from an area hospital after being treated for their injuries. According to 6ABC, the motivation behind the shooting is believed to be jealousy—Valerie Morrow and Rozniakowski were previously romantically involved.
The Morrows reportedly believed Rozniakowski was responsible for scratching their new car last week, leading Valerie Morrow file for a protective order against him on Monday. The order was delivered to Rozniakowki's home, where he lives with his mother, on Monday evening at 6 p.m., reports 6ABC. After receiving the restraining order Rozniakowski reportedly called and resigned as a police officer and then went to the Morrow residence to confront his ex. Via the Delaware County Times:
Authorities said Rozniakowski, who telephoned Colwyn Police Chief Bryan Hills Monday to resign from his part time police position, was served a PFA at his residence in Norwood at about 6 p.m.
It was shortly after 9 p.m. when shots rang out in the Glenfield Avenue home, killing an unidentified woman [now identified as Valerie Morrow] and wounding a teenage girl.
Just when you thought this story couldn't get any worse, it turns out local news reports exposed Rozniakowski's stalking history more than nine months before the shooting at the Morrow home, yet local police continued to keep him on their payroll because officials believed his alleged criminal behavior was harmless.
According to NBC 10, Rozniakowski was a bona fide scary-ass stalker, who was already facing dozens of harassment and stalking related charges:
NBC10 Investigator Harry Hairston put a spotlight on Rozniakowski earlier this year when the officer was placed on "administrative leave" after his former fiancee filed a protection from abuse order against him. Plymouth Township Police arrested Rozniakowski and charged him with 25 counts of stalking and 50 counts of harassment for allegedly contacting his former fiancee by phone and text repeatedly.
The Delaware County Daily Times reports Rozniakowski was on $100,000 bail in the wake of those stalking charges:
Rozniakowski is facing trial in Montgomery County, where he is accused of harassing and stalking another woman, a former fiancee'. He is currently free on $100,000 unsecured bail in that case — which includes 75 counts of stalking to cause fear, repeated harassment in an anonymous manner and harassment in a course of conduct with no legitimate purpose.
Rozniakowski's lawyer offered a half-assed apology of sorts for his clients terrifying stalking behavior back in April. "As a police officer, he knows the bounds and what the boundaries are and what the laws are," said Marty Mullaney, an attorney for Rozniakowski. "I think his emotions got the best of him."
NBC10 reported in April that Rozniakowski was placed on paid administrative leave and given office duty. According to NBC10's original report on Rozniakowski in April, Colwyn Borough Police Chief Bryan Hills said he believed what Rozniakowski had done was harmless and opted to let him remain on the job, receiving pay for office duty. Rozniakowski was charged with 75 counts of harassing/stalking, yet his police officer crony boss thought it was "harmless."
Chief Hills isn't the only Colwyn Borough official with an utterly bullshit response to Rozniakowski's abusive history. Emphasis mine:
Colwyn Borough Manager Paula Brown told ABC6, "He was taken out of uniform and off the street back in March of 2014 when the other issue surfaced. And he is not a Colwyn police officer anymore, he resigned yesterday, and everything was taken care of yesterday prior to the incident."
"Everything was taken care of yesterday." Jesus, this attempt to cover their tracks in the wake of a hideous failure could not be anymore insulting. Kudos to you for allowing a stalker to remain on your payroll and then conveniently resign moments before he killed a woman. What color would you like the balloons in your ticker tape parade? Look, you can grasp at all the straws you want, but I doubt they are going to be enough to cover all of the asses of everyone who spectacularly failed to keep a killer from seeking revenge on his stalking victim.
The Delaware County Times notes Rozniakowski's police-issued firearm was taken away after the protective order was filed and is reportedly not the weapon used in the shooting death of Morrow. Whalen is reportedly contemplating seeking the death penalty against Rozniakowski, who faces murder charges. Meanwhile, Rozniakowski remains in critical but stable condition at Crozer Chester Medical Center, under police guard.