on sale now at amazon

on sale now at amazon
"I don't like this book because it don't got know pictures" Chief Rhorerer

“It’s becoming a disturbingly familiar scene in America - mentally unstable cops”

“It’s becoming a disturbingly familiar scene in America - mentally unstable cops”
“It’s becoming a disturbingly familiar scene in America - mentally unstable cops”

Convicted cop pickets downtown

MANSFIELD — Maurice King III is not going away.
The former Bellville police officer, sentenced in 2008 to 22 months in prison, was picketing on the downtown square Tuesday afternoon. King was convicted of seven counts, including four felonies, for trying to buy reportedly stolen guns from two felons acting as informants.
King has steadfastly maintained his innocence. He said the informants, who were key witnesses in his trial, were told what to say.
King wore a green sweatshirt with the words: “I am innocent. They lied.”His primary target was Richland County Sheriff’s Capt. Eric Bosko, the lead investigator in the case. King carried a sign with Bosko’s picture on one side with the word “liar” in boldface. The sign called Bosko “a face of Richland County’s corruption.”
“I’m just sick of being quiet,” King said. “It’s coming up on six years. That’s long enough. They took everything from me.
“Eric is the specific target in my case, but I’m targeting corruption in Richland County. It’s got to stop. I’m doing this for the next victim. He (Bosko) is the true criminal, not me.”
Sheriff Steve Sheldon said he stands by Bosko and the case against King.
“In 2008, Capt. Bosko conducted an investigation concerning alleged activities by Maurice King III. That investigation led to six felony charges against King,” Sheldon said. “The case was prepared by the Richland County Prosecutor’s Office and tried in Richland County Common Pleas Court in front of a jury of his peers.
“He was convicted and sentenced to prison. Capt. Bosko is an outstanding investigator and person and a huge asset to the Richland County Sheriff’s Office. We stand by his investigation.”
Sheldon said King’s picketing did not warrant coverage.
“I am surprised the media finds the ramblings of a convicted felon newsworthy,” the sheriff said.
King said the case devastated him.
“My (law enforcement) career is pretty much over. I’ve got nothing to lose,” he said. “They hurt me. They hurt my family.
“They caused indescribable pain that can never be mended. I lost my grandmother while I was gone; she was like my mother. I still haven’t dealt with it.”
Throughout his case, King said he was offered various deals — but refused them all.
“I wasn’t going to admit to something I didn’t do,” he said. “I don’t have any credibility anymore, but I have my integrity.”
In 2011, King had two appeals of his case denied.
“The CIs (confidential informants) lied about me. The judge (James DeWeese) accepted the lies,” he said. “We appealed it.”
The Fifth District Court of Appeals said King “has not demonstrated that the court abused its discretion in dismissing his petition for post-conviction relief.”
King said he is not deterred.
“My family asked to come up with me, but I told them to lay low,” he said. “If nothing happens in the next few months, we’ll be back in full force.
“I’m fed up. I’m done.”