on sale now at amazon

on sale now at amazon
"I don't like this book because it don't got know pictures" Chief Rhorerer

“It’s becoming a disturbingly familiar scene in America - mentally unstable cops”

“It’s becoming a disturbingly familiar scene in America - mentally unstable cops”
“It’s becoming a disturbingly familiar scene in America - mentally unstable cops”

Bisard sentenced to 16 years, 3 suspended

FORT WAYNE — David Bisard was defiant until the very end.
Despite a 0.19 percent blood alcohol test and being convicted of nine felonies by a jury of his peers, the now-former Indianapolis police officer said again Tuesday during his sentencing that he was not drunk when he plowed into a group of motorcyclists.
He will now have several years behind bars to think about it.
Allen Superior Court Judge John Surbeck sentenced Bisard to 16 years in prison. With three years suspended and time off for good behavior, he could be released in 6 1/2 years.
"I was driving that car. I do accept responsibility," Bisard said with tears in his eyes and his voice cracking. "But I am not going to accept responsibility for being intoxicated ... because I wasn't."
Bisard asked for some level of forgiveness for the Aug. 6, 2010, crash on Indianapolis' Northeastside that killed Eric Wells, 30, and severely injured Mary Mills and Kurt Weekly.
"I wake up everyday knowing I took the life of an innocent man," Bisard said. "But I am not the awful man I've been made out to be. I understand their anger toward me and will never be able to understand their pain."
Bisard's attorney, John Kautzman, had asked for a sentence of eight to 11 years with an unspecified number of years suspended. He said after the sentencing that Bisard wants to "immediately start his sentence and roll up his sleeves and get into the treatment and therapy he needs."