on sale now at amazon

on sale now at amazon
"I don't like this book because it don't got know pictures" Chief Rhorerer

“It’s becoming a disturbingly familiar scene in America - mentally unstable cops”

“It’s becoming a disturbingly familiar scene in America - mentally unstable cops”
“It’s becoming a disturbingly familiar scene in America - mentally unstable cops”

Man Claims Police Brutalized Him Because He Bit A Cop's Finger




There's no question that police are authorized to use force, deadly force if the situation calls for it. But that use of force must at all times be proportional - and when it crosses that line, that's where we come in to report in complaints of police brutality. Indeed, stories pertaining to police brutality are nothing new on this newscast. In fact, we report about them almost too often - and just to make a quick note, this week alone we've received at least 2 complaints. Tonight there is one more story added to the list. 33-year old Justo Lopez had to be rushed to the emergency room at the KHMH last night after he claimed that he was beaten up badly by at least 5 police officers. Lopez told us he was wanted by police for questioning in connection with the shooting of 23-year old police officer Nigel White which happened on the 26 of March 2011 at the Police Sub-Station in Belama.

But while in police custody, Lopez claimed he was beaten up, tied down with duct tape and a pint bottle was even shoved down his throat. He told us he is innocent, and gave us his story from his hospital bed.

"I came in because I was in Canada for a while. When I came in I walked through the border, the police ask me to show them my ID. I told them that they don't need to see any ID because I know that they were looking for me. I went with them, they didn't do me anything. They took me to the Corozal police station. From there 2 BDF and 2 Dragon Unit officers brought me to Belize City. Everything went ok."

"They took me to the CIB office and they checked me in, and then they took me downstairs and locked me up. Then they took me back upstairs handcuffed. I met 4 of the officers up there, they told me to tell them where the gun is or they will kill me right now."

"After that, one of them knocked me in the back of my head. I was knocked out. When I woke up it's because I am in the room. They put duct tape on my head, and then they started to kick me in my stomach and my back. I told them that I didn't know anything, but they still beat me up."

"After that I told them that I will tell them where the gun is (crying). I told them that it was in my mother's yard by the septic tank. They told me that they will kill me and throw me in the Haulover river, and nobody will know where I am. When they reached in my mother's yard, I told them that the gun is in the septic tank."

"When they open the vehicle door I ran out. One of the officers grab me by the hair and started to punch me in the face. One of the officers pushes his big thumb in my mouth, I bite his big thumb and they start to beat me again more and more."

"Henderson, the boss, came out of his vehicle. I told him that the officers beat up. I told him that they hit me like 30-40 times in my face. I told him that they choked me."

This evening 7news contacted Police Public Relations Officer, Raphael Martinez who told us the incident did occur yesterday. He said Lopez took police to a house in Belama where he claimed a weapon was stashed in the yard. When they arrived in front of the house, Lopez tried to jump out the vehicle and when police held him down, he bit the thumb of a police officer and refused to let go. Martinez said that was when force had to be used on Lopez. Martinez also told us that the police officer also had to be taken to the emergency room where doctors treated him for - don't laugh - 4 teeth marks that were incised on his thumb. He was later released. The house Lopez allegedly took police to is the home of his mother. Neighbors from around the area say they did see police beating Lopez.

No comments:

Post a Comment